Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Raising awareness about access to affordable textbooks - Rayne Vieger, Around the O

 I am an e-learning and open educational resource (OER) librarian, which consists of two main roles. For the e-learning side of my job, I serve as an instructional designer within the library. I advance the library’s presence in online learning and design online learning supports for students. I also raise awareness about textbook affordability and the need for open educational resources, or OERs. OERs are free and openly licensed course materials or textbooks that can help ensure that all students have access to course materials on the first day of class regardless of their financial situation.

https://around.uoregon.edu/content/raising-awareness-about-access-affordable-textbooks