Monday, October 16, 2023

Sarah H. Northam Director of Research and Instruction Velma K. Waters Library, Texas A&M University-Commerce - Texas Library Assn.

As I got older, I realized that librarianship was actually about connecting people to information and helping them navigate that information. It still sounded like a pretty amazing career to me, so I went into librarianship. What is an innovative practice at your library/organization (current or former) that you’d like to share with others? We are really starting to focus more on expansion of Open Educational Resources on campus. We want our library to serve as a resource hub for our faculty and students when it comes to OER. I feel that encouraging the use of OER aligns with the mission of our library because we are focusing on ways that we can make school easier and more cost-effective for students.