Wednesday, August 2, 2023

3 Questions for Lance Eaton of College Unbound - Joshua Kim, Inside Higher Ed

I’ve continued to develop this practice of care over the years. It has led me increasingly towards a range of open educational practices including creating and using OER, open pedagogy, open access or universal design for education—ultimately, doing what I can to eliminate artificial barriers to learning and sharing learning in public ways. These practices continue today around my work with generative AI in creating and maintaining this crowdsourced document of syllabi policies on AI and more. Openness practices have led me to rethink my relationship with teaching and how I support faculty. I seek to make explicit the conversation of power and agency in teaching and learning with the intention of nudging educators towards more collaborative, empowering and less harmful means of teaching and learning. 

https://www.insidehighered.com/opinion/blogs/learning-innovation/2023/07/17/three-questions-lance-eaton-college-unbound