Wednesday, March 13, 2019

4 steps to adopting OER - Sarah Martin, Smart Brief

Open educational resources present enormous opportunities to enhance teaching and learning. One of the primary draws, of course, is that they’re free. Here are a few lessons we've learned on how to make the most of OER in math (or almost any subject). Get recommendations from other educators. One of the main criticisms of OER is the poor quality of some of resources. But I have had the same issue with traditional curricula. I have encountered many lessons and activities that left me wondering if the textbook authors had ever spent any time in an actual classroom. I’ve seen materials written far above and far below grade level, and activities that I knew would quickly turn into classroom management nightmares https://www.smartbrief.com/original/2019/03/4-steps-adopting-oer